I did it! I did it! This is the first time ever that I have a) completed Tim's challenge in the current month and b) completed it on the first day of the month!! It must be the very last day before heading back to school!
Click here to see Tim's Creation. Mine is below:
Some things I did different than Tim:
- I don't own alcohol inks (not good for someone with an allergy to alcohol) so I used distress inks instead. Colours: Spiced Marmalade, Salty Ocean, Seedless Preserves, Festive Berries, Picked Raspberry, Peacock Feathers, Mustard Seed, and Moved Lawn.
- I wanted one word to stand out at the bottom, so instead of using a rub-on, I used a word sticker and coloured it with my water brush and Picked Raspberry ink. I also put one of the butterflies here.
- I realized after that I should have cut the butterflies from glossy cardstock, not watercolour paper. I like how Tim's butterflies have a shiny look to them. I spritzed the top of my tag with glimmer spray to make it shimmer.
- Instead of the Schoolhouse stencil, I used Harlequin. First with Antique Linen, then I covered that layer with the stencil and used Iced Spruce in the negative space. You can best see this technique in the face stamp.
- I stuck with a manilla tag instead of Tim's fancy black one, so I inked the edges with Peacock Feathers.