Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Quick triple treat!

Hi all (six of you)

Just a quick post of three more summer tags.

This is probably one of my favourite tags.
 I used the TH dress form die cut and painted it with silver distress stain.  I used some tulle and ribbon to make the skirt and the top is part of a butterfly cut from TH tissue wrap.  The wings are a TH grungeboard piece that I painted with bronze.  Once dry, I sanded the piece and inked the embossed swirls with Peacock Feathers.  The background is a combo of Picked Raspberry, Wild Honey and Mustard Seed distress ink.  Add some stamps to the background and voila!

Tag #2:

 For this one, I was playing around with a sunburst stencil and various inks.  I boxed the quote at the end because it was getting lost in the ink.  I also added the charm on the top just for the heck of it!

I love how tag #4 turned out, but in hindsight, I wish the blue on the birdie matched the blue flowers. I think it looks a little off now that I see the picture.  Oh well, c'est la vie!


1 comment:

  1. It's not too late for your bluebird.... slide it out of the cage, give it a turquoise wash, and slide it back in. Betcha can!

    ReplyDelete