Monday, September 1, 2014

Tag time!

Hello fond reader!

I am going to share 3 tags today.  They all use the same background technique, but because of the different colours and embellishments, they all look totally different in the end.

The technique is not very complex, it is simply applying different colours of distress ink to a tag using the Mini Blending Tool and then spritzing it with water to make the colours bleed into each other.

This was actually the very first tag I made for my Self-imposed summer tag challenge.  This one came completely from my own head.  No thievery involved!


For inks, I used salty ocean, peacock feathers, mustard seed, wild honey, and picked raspberry.
To finish the background, I stamped with a script stamp in copper, used a Memory Box polka dot stamps with wild honey ink, and the stain marks using the Hero Arts Not Perfect stamp set.  
I wanted the face stamp (from Tim's Daydream set) to look like it was sitting on top, so I stamped in on a clear name tag holding that was sitting on my table from a recent conference.  Once dried, I cut it out and stapled it on
Other embellies include: metal clock from Michaels, tag from my stash striped wash tape, Websters ribbon, and a TH quote stamp.

Tag #2 was a complete steal from Pinterest, which came from this this lovely lady's blog.
I had trouble getting the flowers as dense white as she had them.  In hindsight, I probably should have used white paint, but instead I used Close to my Heart white ink, stamped 3 times, drying the layers in between.  For the background, I used ink in Mustard Seed, Mowed Lawn, Spiced Marmalade, and Seedless Preserves.  I used the same polka for stencil.  Other items used were TH Grunge stamps, SimonSayStamps Scribbly Circles stamps, ribbon from my stash, and TH Remnant Rubs.

The third and last tag for today was kind of a steal.  I liked the four colour background on this tag, so I borrowed that.

Inks were Picked Raspberry, Salty Ocean, Spiced Marmalade, and Mustard Seed.  (I just realized that I use Mustard Seed a lot!).  I wanted the texturing to go from dark at the bottom to light on the top, so I started that the same old polka dot stencil stamped in Pumice Stone with clear embossing Powder on top.  Above the quote (Another TH Stamp), I used his honeycomb stamp with Scattered Straw Ink and gold detailed embossing power on top.  The very top is the TH Rays stencil with glitter embossing powder.  Why the elephant?  Why not!

Which tag do you like the best?

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful. I love how colorful your tags are! Thanks for the link!

    ReplyDelete