Monday, August 25, 2014

Those eyes….

It was my intention to take better photos of my projects before posting another blog entry, but I came home to rain in Winnipeg yesterday and it's still going.  I think taking pics outside in the sun will make the project looks better for you, the viewers at home.  So, alas, you will all  have to wait until the sun decides to reappear. I actually don't mind the rain as it was getting really dry here and my lawn was cracking.  At least the rain is feeding my weed garden.

Here is another layout from Sassy's album.
The picture of Sassy is much lighter in real life; you'll just have to imagine it for now.  The title is also not crooked.

This is my inspiration, a layout by maniscrap that I found on Pinterest:
I was drawn to the dots on the page.  I've been really into using stencils since Tim Holt's workshop in Ohio.  In this case,  I liked how the dots led the reader's eye across the page to the picture.  Sadly, I just now noticed the larger dots matting the picture and embellishments.  At first I was a little sad that I didn't copy those as well, but I only have a dot stencil in one size, so perhaps it was fate that I didn't even see them til now.

I decided to reverse the layout as it looked funny when Sassy was looking off the page when I first put the picture on the right, like in the original.  So I moved her to the left and I like the way it looked better.  I also didn't want all the various embellishments in the original, so I stuck to stamped circles from this Simon Says Stamp set.  I coloured stamped the inside with Tim Holtz Distress Ink and then misted water on it to give it a modelled look.  When they were dry, I stamped the online with Versamark black ink.  I really like the colour combination of Worn Lipstick, Mustard Seed, Bundled Sage, and Tumbled Glass.  To bring those colours into other places on the layout, I used the ink to colour the piece of card stock behind the title, to make the dots, and I chose title stickers that matched as well.
To finish all the layout, I added the following: Tim Holtz word band & enamelled plaque, pink and white twine, some jewels, paper scraps, and a heart brad.

No comments:

Post a Comment