Sunday, August 17, 2014

My Bellie

One of the things I accomplished this summer was (finally) making a 12x12 album of Bella.  I've done a few mini albums of her over the years, but I had moved away from 12x12 scrapbooking.  I have no idea what prompted me to move back, but as I was sorting pictures I had tossed into a giant box, I found lots of cute ones of her that I wanted to scrap.

As I explained in my first post, I do not consider myself to be an artist, but rather a good copier of fabulously creative people.  In the crafty world, this is called scraplifting.  Not ashamed.

I found this layout on Pinterest:
and was inspired by the white paint in the background.  This layout was created by Ulrika Wandler Here is a link to her blog, which I think is in Swedish) and was originally posted on the Bo Bunny blog.

Here is my interpretation:



I used Tim Holtz stain in Bundled Sage and Victorian Velvet instead of white paint. I also used some odds and ends scraps that I had, along with some washi tape and letter Thickers. The graph stamp in the two corners was reclaimed from my desk at work, from years past when I would stamp the coordinate plane for the kids to graph on.  While it is the title in Ulrika's layout that first catches me eye, I wanted the picture of Bella to pop out first.  Was I successful?

No comments:

Post a Comment